The Story Behind My Blog's Title

The Story Behind My Blog's Title
Why is my blog named "My Father's Oldsmobile"? Click on the car and find out.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An Apology

I recently hosted fellow DBP author, Stephanie Burkhart, in an interview on my blog, making the assumption that my followers knew that I occasionally interview writers in the secular market, as I have done this for quite some time. What I didn't account for was the sudden increase I've had in followers due to the promotion efforts of my new release. Today, a one star review was written for Stephanie's book saying that it was too explicit for an Inspirational Romance. I'd like to clarify that Stephanie's book, The Hungarian, is not an Inspirational Romance. It is a Paranormal Romance, written for the secular market.

Desert Breeze Publishing, my publisher, has a wonderful Inspirational line, with over a dozen authors affiliated with the ACFW, but they also publish books in other genres. The genre they omit is Erotica. They differentiate themselves through tasteful books covers, and they rate their books so that these mixups can be avoided. However, I'm uncertain if these ratings are viewable on Amazon.

I don't know if the review was a direct result of Stephanie's interview on my blog, but I'd like to apologize to both Ms. Burkhart, and my followers for not making the genre of her book clear.

Stephanie, you are one of the kindest people I've met through my writing experience, and a talented author, I am truly sorry if my oversight has brought damage to you. Likewise, to my followers, I understand and respect the importance of minding what we read, and am deeply sorry if the wrong impression was given of Stephanie's book because of her interview being featured on my blog.

In the future I will be certain to include in my interviews the market the book was intended for.

No comments:

Post a Comment


1970 Olds 442

Welcome!

If you're curious about the story behind the name of my blog, click on the car. :)