The Story Behind My Blog's Title

The Story Behind My Blog's Title
Why is my blog named "My Father's Oldsmobile"? Click on the car and find out.

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Purpose of this Post

is to let you know I haven't forgotten about my blog. This has been one of those weeks where the writing is flowing fast and easy. And that means that everything else gets neglected.

However, I do plan to post a review of The Great Eight within a couple of days.

Oh, I forgot. I did find one other major diversion that might have a little bit to do with my late posting this week; Facebook. Oh no! I've succumbed. I admit it. In between paragraphs I've been clicking over to see who else I can 'friend'. So far I've found 58 old college buddies and highschool friends, some of whom I haven't seen for nearly twenty years. And some of the ones that are friending me, I don't recall being friends with. That's okay, I guess, as long as no one starts getting creepy on me. Anyhow, I've spent the week going back and forth between the fictional world of my manuscript, set in 1947, and my past life as a teenager/young adult circa 1988-1996, give or take a few years. No wonder I haven't gotten to that review yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment


1970 Olds 442

Welcome!

If you're curious about the story behind the name of my blog, click on the car. :)